Tuesday, August 2, 2011

happy birthday, my little baby

dear cadence
as i sit here looking through pictures from your birth so many emotions are racing through me.
little did i know when i saw those two little pink lines just how much you would change my life.
writing you this letter is not easy as words do not seem to do justice to the feelings i have for you.  
you are my heart, with every beat i want to hold you close to my chest and whisper how thankful i am for you.
since day one you have been a spark in my life, a true blessing.
i can see God's caring heart in your eyes, knowing He knit you together in His likeness. 
your smile makes my heart gush.
your voice melts my moods.
your tender heart for others gives me hope.
my little baby, you're not so little to the world anymore.
i'm not sure how five arrived so fast, and while i miss your chubby little baby hands and you sleeping nestled up against my chest, i'm excited to see you grow and learn new things.
to see that twinkle in your eye when you accomplish a new big girl task. 
my little honeybee, you will always be little to me.
i love you. 
always and forever



happy 5th birthday











1 comment:

  1. That is the sweetest thing I think I have ever read. <3

    ReplyDelete